Friday, December 11, 2009

Thankful Time

LS:

I'm behind in my thankful posting this week. I just wanted to say how thankful I am for:

God's comfort and protection


God's guidance and wisdom


A few days ago I was assaulted by my neighbour. Over a trivial parking lot issue. This man tends to park at others' parking lots. When I got home a few days ago, his car was at my lot. I went up to ask him to move his car. His wife said she would tell him and I assumed he would do so right away.

After waiting for 10 minutes, he didn't come down. So I went up again and knocked on his door, only to have him coming out minutes later and shouted at me. He said he was busy bathing his kids and couldn't I have waited till he's done.

I would have waited if he had told me earlier. It's funny that instead of apologising, he turned around and threaten to beat me up eventhough I asked him politely.

Still, he refused to move his car. I didn't want any trouble so I let it go and drove out to park a distance away.

Around middle of that night, he stood outside my door and shouted abuse and threats. I called the cops and they asked me to lodge a report. I was in two minds over it so I didn't. The next morning when I was leaving for work, there he was standing outside his place staring really hard at me and looking to pick a fight.

I ignored him and went straight to the police station. They wanted to call him in but I said hold on first. I wasn't sure whether that would make matter worse if he was just threatening me in the heat of the moment. But on the other hand, what if he intends to carry out his threat?

But God is good. He has been speaking to me these few days.

When I felt so unsettled and could not understand this man's behaviour and why this has to happen.

God said to me in Philippians 4:7 "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." and Luke 23:34 "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing"

When I felt worried after been told that he could really harm me.

God said to me in Psalm 34: 7 "The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him and he delivers them."

When I kept thinking of the incident and my anger grew.

God said to me in Luke 6: 27-28 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies , do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you"

When I wanted to go over to talk to this man again.

God said to me in Proverbs 9: 7-8 "Whoever corrects a mocker invites insult; whoever rebukes a wicked man incurs abuse. Do not rebuke a mocker or he will hate you; rebuke a wise man and he will love you"

This morning when I still felt upset for being wronged.

God said to me in Proverbs 11: 5 "The righteousness of the blameless makes a straight way for them, but the wicked are brought down by their own wickedness"


Phew, what a long post! If you're still reading at this point, thank you for reading till the end.


Be at peace.

Happy:

Hello everybody, sorry we have not been visiting lately. LS has a lot on her hands at the moment. We'll come by to visit soon.

Hope everyone is having a thankful time.
Have a great weekend!



Thank you Laurie for hosting Thankful Thursday.

27 comments:

Sonic said...

That's a pretty awful neighbor you have there. It's even more upsetting that he's so threatening on top of being unreasonable.

It's a shame that Happy isn't a big husky like Khyra or Zim that can protect you from that nasty man!

I hope your neighbor's temper calms down soon!

Sonic

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Sometimes with bully's you really have to be firm from the beginning. On the other hand perhaps there is a reason he is not parking in his own spot. It could be that his wife takes their spot and so he is forced to find another one.

Bobby said...

Some people are so unreasonable, and it does upset us when they are in the wrong and yet do not seem to realise that fact.I hope you manage to stay calm and it gets sorted out.

Noah the Airedale said...

Crikey, he sounds like a nutter. Imagine being married to him. His poor wife.

Noah x

Enthusiastic Bookworm said...

I am not sure what I would do in that situation. I hope that it is resloved soon. It almost makes you wonder why certain people feel they have the right to do whatever they want when they want.

Please keep us updated.

Karen

Anonymous said...

So sorry you are having to deal with something so scary but it is so great to see the scriptures the Holy Spirit guided you to. Will pray for your safety and angels camped round about you. God bless!

Deetz said...

How very scary and troubling! I know you may feel alone, but you are not alone! The woman who answered the door, his wife, I am sure is being terrorized in her home and surely the kids too. It makes no sense someone would get so upset over moving their car. It is good you called the police and I am sure it won't take no time for him to turn his meanness on someone else. Do you have other neighbors that you know that you can talk to about this person, maybe get them evicted from the property? I am worried about you and Happy and do not like my friend being unsettled. God will hear all of DWB's prayers to keep you safe and still Happy!
Deetzy

Fred said...

You poor thing! We hope things get better soon!

Peggy said...

Blessings LS & Happy...AMEN! to all the verses God led you to read but this is still very precarious so do whatever you need to do to stay safe.
No one has a right to threaten another! I'm thankful you were/are protected as well and for His wisdom & guidance. I'm so sorry this is happening...let us know how you are.

Thank you so much for praying for me & I will be praying for you!

Too bad Happy isn't a German Shepherd! Glad Happy found a new sweet friend...she is so cute!

Hugs, licks & wags from all of us.
Peggy, Chimi, Bravo (I could borrow him to you)...Toby, Lucky, Chispa & Chiquitita...

Shannon said...

Oh honey, it is horrible when neighbors can't get along. I honestly think you lodge a report—for your own safety. And you might talk to other neighbors and see if they have had problems with this guy.

I have a friend who has been having major issues with his neighbors and ended up filing several complaints. Talked to the other neighbors and found out that several of them had filed complaints about this guy also. Well, the neighbor took him to court claiming my friend had caused him pain and anguish and emotional distress but had no case because of all the complaints on file.

I will be praying for you and your neighbor and I hope all ends well.

Anonymous said...

May the LORD's angels continually 'encamp' around you. That verse, that word, just jumped out at me. I will hold you in my prayers for God's continued wisdom and peace. He really gave you His Word over and over in perfect ways.
Caring through Christ, ~ linda

becky aka theRAV said...

WOW! Unbelieveable what people do! You are braver than I am, but you did the right thing. I hope & pray he doesn't bother you anymore. I think it is good you reported this just in case. At least it will be on file now. Thanks for your comments on my TT. Yes, I am meticulous. I commented back to you on my blog. Take care and be safe now. Keeping you in my prayers for safety.

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Lots of GREAT Things to be thankful for ... Thanks for being my blog friend. Just want to wish you and your family Happy Holidays. I just posted my last post for the year. We are going on a long Holiday break. Lots of Golden Holiday Woofs, Sugar

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Sorry the both of woo have been so challenged -

We'll be thinking of woo!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Molly the Airedale said...

We're so sorry this kind of stuff has to happen to your mom, Happy! Where is this man's Christmas spirit?!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

parlance said...

LS, I'm sorry you have this stress. Is there a way you can just report it, get it in writing, but not let him know you did?

One thing I'd suggest is that you write down everything that happened, so you can see whether there is a pattern over time. I used to work in a very stressful school and parents would be abusive sometimes, but I would just get over each incident without noticing it was a pattern.

Also, just writing it, for yourself, dating it and putting it away can sometimes help deal with the stress.

Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry that this had to happen to you, one of the kindest, caring people in the blogging world. You did not deserve that type of treatment at all, but it is obvious the man has a serious anger problem and it is best to stay away from him. There is just no excuse to treat another person like that. Respect and God's word is the only way to treat people. Please stay away from him, this is the Social Worker in me talking, trust me.

I hope you are managing to have a very nice weekend, despite the frightening behavior by your neighbor. I thing documenting it a good idea, just for your own record, in case he does not let it go.

Wishing you a peaceful and blessed weekend.

XOXOXOXO
Cheryl

Denise said...

Bless your dear heart, so sorry this happened to you. Hugs and much love to you and happy.

Lorenza said...

Sure LS is very patient! I know my mom would tell him a couple of things and reported him to the police!
Have a great weekend!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Thor and Jack said...

Sorry about what happened to your mom, Happy. I hope everything is ok now.

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

I'll not fight or ask him to move his car, I'll just go to the security and ask them to lock his wheel, that's wat we did at our condo.

Ruby and Penny said...

How sad that you we're attacked by your neighbour. We're glad he did not physically harm you.
Hope your ok now.
Love Ruby & Penny

Kess And Her Mama said...

Thanks for sharing your faith in action. God's promises are true and amen. We just need to remember that!

Sierra Rose said...

Hi there! Nice to meet you and thank you so much for the holiday greeting card!
Really sorry about the neighbor! We have a few of those too..and ya just never know how far an angry person will take that anger. Sounds like this person is stressed to the max at home, and probably finding anyone else to take it out on. We have had to take these issues to our home-owners assc. You really want your home to be a safe place, not threatening.... Anyway, makes my mom angry, as she has had to deal with a few.
Come by for a visit sometime!!!!!
www.goldensierrarose.blogspot.com

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose and mom

Yuki n Joyce said...

Hey Happy and LS! oooo...what a bad neighbour...I'd just try to ignore him and stay out of his way. But since christmas and new year is coming, maybe you could reconcile with him by giving him/his family a small gift? It's always nicer to have good and friendly neighbours isn't it?=)

L^2 said...

Hi Happy,
How awful. We hope things get better soon.

Also thank you for the pawsome holiday card! We’re having lots of fun getting to know other DWB members.

Happy holidays!

Love and lots of licks,
Stella and Leader Dog Willow

Linda said...

I should print your post out to have in those times, though I haven't had anything similar to your experience happen to me before.

Thank you so much for your Christmas wishes. I hope you have a peaceful New Year too.